President Obama understands the that prices at the pump, driven by increased world oil prices, are too high and the impact this has on families and businesses on a tight budget. He also knows there’s no silver bullet to bring down the price at the pump. That is why he continues to invest in a sustained, all-of-the-above approach to American energy, increasing the efficiency of the vehicles we drive, investing in advanced technologies and alternative fuels, and expanding responsible domestic oil and gas production.
Obama Administration’s Blueprint for a Secure Energy Future
- Develop and secure America’s energy supplies: We need to deploy American assets, innovation, and technology so that we can safely and responsibly develop more energy here at home and be a leader in the global energy economy. To get there, we need to:
- Expand Safe and Responsible Domestic Oil and Gas Development and Production
- Lead the World Toward Safer and More Secure Energy Supplies
- Provide consumers with choices to reduce costs and save energy: Volatile gasoline prices reinforce the need for innovation that will make it easier and more affordable for consumers to buy more advanced and fuel-efficient vehicles, use alternative means of transportation, weatherize their homes and workplaces, and in doing so, save money and protect the environment. These measures help families’ pocketbooks, reduce our dependence on finite energy sources and help create good jobs here in the United States. So, we’re implementing policies that:
- Reduce Consumers Costs at the Pump with More Efficient Cars and Trucks
- Cut Energy Bills with More Efficient Homes and Buildings
- Innovate our way to a clean energy future: Leading the world in clean energy is critical to strengthening the American economy and winning the future. We can get there by creating markets for innovative clean technologies that are ready to deploy, and by funding cutting-edge research to produce the next generation of technologies. And as new, better, and more efficient technologies hit the market, the Federal government needs to put words into action and lead by example. That’s why we need to:
- Harness America’s Clean Energy Potential so that 80 percent of electricity will come from clean energy sources by 2035
- Win the future through Clean Energy Research and Development
- Lead by Example so that the Federal Government models best practices and clean energy technologies
Where data and insight are combined to facilitate public discussion and awareness of our Nation’s energy activities. Whether you are interested in alternative fuels, managing buildings to be more energy efficient, or trying to manage energy in your own home, we have something for you. Look at the data, use the apps, join the conversation.