President Obama has a clear message for Congress: It’s time to put country ahead of politics and create one million new jobs.
President Obama proposed the American Jobs Act, but Republicans in Congress have refused to act on many of the common-sense ideas that would help our country continue to recover from the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
For concrete steps that will put Americans back to work, read President Obama’s proposals below. Then let Republicans in Congress know: We can’t afford for them to continue playing politics. It’s time to act.
- PREVENT TEACHERS AND FIRST RESPONDERS FROM BEING LAID OFF
- PUT CONSTRUCTION WORKERS BACK ON THE JOB
- REWARD AMERICAN JOBS, NOT OUTSOURCING
- EXPAND REFINANCING FOR RESPONSIBLE HOMEOWNERS
- PROVIDE TAX CREDITS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES THAT HIRE NEW
- INVEST IN CLEAN ENERGY MANUFACTURING
- CREATE A VETERANS JOB CORPS
Contact your Congress person to TELL THEM TO START WORKING WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA!!