House Representatives finally took off the tin foil hats of the Tea Party Pirates and lo and behold they could finally think and see clearly.
The sad thing is that President Obama asked Congress to pass a continuing resolution long ago but because of Congress’ manufactured crisis then waiting until the last minute to do their job properly the credibility of the USA has been scrutinized, which has cost the nation at least $24 billion, the people have had to suffer and President Obama had to cancel meetings with global leaders and thus lost opportunities to increase American trade with other countries .
Now Congress needs to focus on:
* Passing The “Continuing Appropriations Act 2014 ” HR 2775 which provides fiscal year 2014 appropriations for projects and activities of the Federal Government through Wednesday, January 15, 2014… to stop the shutdown of the US Government (UPDATE: 10/16/13 The Senate passes HR 2775, the House also passes the act and President Obama has signed into law the act).
. Highlights of HR 2775:
- Shutdown: Workers return, agencies financed until Jan 15, 2014
- Debt Ceiling: Authority to borrow money extended to Feb 7, 2014
- Health Care Law: Dept of Health & Human Services must certify it can verify income eligibility of people seeking subsidies
- Congress: No pay raise for members of Congress in 2014
- Wildfires: Allocates $636 million for firefighting for the Interior Dept & the Forest Service
- Kentucky: Increases to $2.9 billion the funding for dams on the Lower Ohio River.
- Veterans: Sets aside $294 million for Veterans Affairs to reduce backlogs of benefit claims.
Source: AP & Washington Post
* Raise the debt ceiling (which simply means paying for debt already incurred)
* Pass bills to help the middle-class Americans
* Work on bills to invest funds in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) so that Americans can compete with the rest of the world
Vote The Tea Party Pirates Out From Congress in Nov!
“Because we’ve all got a lot of work to do on behalf of the American people – and that includes the hard work of regaining their trust. Our system of self-government doesn’t function without it. And now that the government is reopened, and this threat to our economy is removed, all of us need to stop focusing on the lobbyists, and the bloggers, and the talking heads on radio, and the professional activists who profit from conflict, and focus on what the majority of Americans sent us here to do – and that’s grow this economy, create good jobs, strengthen the middle class, lay the foundation for broad-based prosperity, and get our fiscal house in order for the long haul.“
President Obama’s plan to help rebuild America: