Join a Tumblr Q&A on Issues Facing the LGBT Community
This week, the Obama administration took important steps toward LGBT equality and fairness. President Obama’s Executive Order on LGBT Workplace Discrimination went into effect — protecting about 1.5 million Americans from discrimination based on who they are or who they love. The White House also responded to a petition signed by more than 120,000 Americans about banning the practice known as conversion therapy: President Obama agreed.
To continue the conversation about this week’s actions and the Administration’s commitment to LGBT equality, we’re hosting a Tumblr Q&A tomorrow, April 10, at 2:00 p.m. ET with:
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President
- Dr. Vivek Murthy, U.S. Surgeon General
- Pam Hyde, Administrator of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Here’s how you can join the Q&A:
- Starting now, you can post your questions using the Ask Box on Tumblr.
- On Friday at 2:00 p.m. ET, follow along live as senior officials take your questions.
US LGBT Rights Timeline 1903-2016 (ProPresObama.org Civil Rights Timelines ™)