National Apprenticeship Week
National Apprenticeship Week is an opportunity for the National Apprenticeship Community to tell the story of registered apprenticeship and is an invitation to business and industry, education, career seekers, community based organizations, students and workers to learn about the real world advantages of apprenticeship.
National Apprenticeship Week is your chance to plan and host events that will showcase your organization’s leadership within Registered Apprenticeship. Raise awareness and promote the value of this career based training system by using the tools available on this site to create a signature event locally, regionally or nationally.
National Apprenticeship Week offers leaders in business, labor, education, and other critical partners the opportunity to express their support for Registered Apprenticeship. It will provide businesses and others with top-notch apprenticeships a chance to showcase their programs, facilities, and apprentices. This historic week will highlight the benefits of the Apprenticeship model in preparing a highly-skilled workforce to meet the talent demands of employers in all industries.
How Can I Participate in National Apprenticeship Week?
National Apprenticeship Week will consist of a multitude of events and activities nationwide to promote the expansion of the Apprenticeship model, including:
- Apprenticeship Program Open Houses
- Apprenticeship Signing Days
- Industry and Employer Apprenticeship Commitment Announcements
- Skills Competitions
- Blogs and Social Media Activities
- Other Outreach & Promotional Activities
Participation in these activities will highlight the collective effort among companies, industry associations, labor unions, educators, community-based organizations, the public workforce system, and local/state/federal government to ensure the U.S. leads in developing an innovative and highly- skilled workforce through apprenticeship.
Where can I find more Information? Visit http:www.doleta.gov/oa/naw/.
- 7/14/14 The First-Ever White House Summit on American Apprenticeship
- 1/21/15 FACT SHEET: Partnering with Employers to Equip Hardworking Americans with the Skills They Need to Advance into Better-Paying Jobs
- 9/10/15 Expanding Apprenticeships to Invest in American Workers …
- 4/21/16 FACT SHEET: Investing $90 Million through ApprenticeshipUSA to Expand Proven Pathways into the Middle Class
- 6/2/16 ApprenticeshipUSA Announcement Questions and Answers
- 10/21/16 FACT SHEET: Investing More Than $50 Million through ApprenticeshipUSA to Expand Proven Pathways into the Middle Class
- Apprenticeship Sponsors Database
- Employers Get Started & Be A Leader
- ApprenticeshipUSA – United States Department of Labor
- Apprenticeship Toolkit – U.S. Department of Labor
- ApprenticeshipUSA Toolkit – Disability.gov
- Find Opportunities
- Military & Vets
- College Consortium
- Data and Statistics
- Employer Toolkit
- Federal Resources
The ApprenticeshipUSA initiative centers on a call to action to expand the use of Registered Apprenticeship to upskill our nation’s workers and expand the talent pipeline available to U.S. industries. To advance this effort, and promote the benefits of Apprenticeship for American businesses and workers, President Barack Obama proclaims the week of November as National Apprenticeship Week.